NOTE: Is Casumo safe, Offersville is an independent casino and sportsbook review site providing listings of the latest bonuses available to new customers. Offersville receives commissions from the casinos listed on our site. All the information presented on this page was correct at the time of publication – 18th October 2017.
If you have read our article and our ready to join Casumo, sign up here for 20 free spins today!
is Casumo Safe – A Brief Introduction
Casumo is an ‘immersive’ casino that gives rewards to its players for progressive play. ‘The more you spend, the more you get’ is the basic principle behind this site. Casumo, and its many sister sites, have become very popular in the UK in recent years. Casumo itself has been open to players from the UK since 2012. With its distinctive look, generous welcome package and loyalty program, it is a very attractive proposition to all casino players. But is Casumo safe? Can you trust this brand with your money? Are their games fair? And is your personal data safe? In this article we highlight some key features of Casumo to help you answer those questions.
You can also read our comprehensive Casumo review for more information about this site.
1. Is Casumo Properly Licensed?
As a customer this is important for you because it means that Casumo must follow strict guidelines on how it handles your data as well as financial and game transactions. More on this later.
There are also important guidelines that must be followed on Social Responsibility – giving you control over how much money you spend and how much time you spend gambling – and Dispute Resolution – by which the casino must provide the opportunity for a third party to resolve any dispute with a customer.
In summary, under the terms of its Malta and UK licenses, Casumo must provide a safe, secure and fair gaming environment.
2. Is My Money and Personal Data Safe at Casumo?
If you are concerned about how safe your money and personal data is with Casumo, then consider the following points:
Under the terms of the Casumo license from the Malta Gaming Authority, the casino must hold the balance of all its players’ accounts at all times so that in the event that all players wish to make a withdraw, Casumo could fulfil these requests.
When you pass any personal data, including that necessary for a financial transaction, to Casumo, it is sent over a secure connection using something called SSL. This refers to Secure Socket Layer which is a standard protocol allowing your browser to pass encrypted data to the Casumo servers. Encrypted information can only be read by the person it is intended for.
Finally, the payment methods available to Casumo customers are PCI compliant. PCI (Payment Card Industry) standards set out minimum levels of security for companies who store, process and transmit your credit or debit card data.
These standard security measures should ensure that your personal data is safe, and your financial transactions are secure, at Casumo.
3. My 20 Free Spins Welcome Offer – Are The Terms Fair?
New customers at Casumo receive 20 Free Spins on registration. You do not need to deposit to qualify for this offer. However, your free spins come with some important terms and conditions which you should note:
- Free Spins are only available to play on Starbust™ slot by NetEnt.
- Any winnings from free spins are paid out as bonus funds.
- Bonus funds have a 30x wagering requirement associated with them – this must be fulfilled before you can withdraw them. If you choose to withdraw before this point, your bonus funds (winnings) will be forefeited.
- It is clearly stated on the withdrawal page how much bonus funds you have left to wager before you can make a withdrawal without foreiting those funds. A distinction is made here between your real funds and your bonus funds. Keep an eye on this if you wish to withdraw at any time.
Overall, this is a pretty generous welcome offer. Most other free spins no deposit bonuses come with a cap on winnings and wagering terms at least equal to or greater than 30x.
4. Can I Contact Casumo Customer Services Easily?
In the event that you have a query to make to the Casumo customer support team, you will want to know that your question can be answered quickly and efficiently.
At Casumo there are two methods to contact the team. There is no phone line available. However Live Support on chat is available 24/7. You can speak to an agent – usually within seconds – to resolve your issue. Remember you can also download a transcript or your chat when you have finished. This may be important if you wish to dispute an issue at a later date.
You can also email the Casumo team – firstname.lastname@example.org.
5. What Else Do I Need to Know to Play at Casumo?
Here’s some more useful points to take with you if you decide to open an account with Casumo today:
– ONLY ONE ACCOUNT PER CUSTOMER – however tempted you are to open multiple accounts with Casumo to bag yourself multiple free spins, DON’T! You are only allowed one account and if you do open a second and win some money, you will find your account is closed when you go to make a withdrawal! It’s all in their Ts and Cs (clause 3.2.2!)
– The minimum amount you can withdraw from your account at Casumo is £10. Also note that there is a 24 hour pending period before you withdrawal will be processed, after which time all debit and credit card payments take up to 3 days to appear in your account. Neteller and Skrilll are instantly available.
– You will be asked to verify your account before your first withdrawal can be processed. This requires you to uploads scans of documents like a passport or driving license. You will be notified of which documents you need to send when you request your withdrawal. This is part of a process called Know Your Customer (KYC) – required under anti money-laundering regulations.
Casumo Casino is owned and operated by Casumo Services Ltd, registered at Casumo, The Unicorn Centre, Triq l-Uqija, Swieqi, SWQ 2335, Malta.
If you’ve read this article and are ready to start playing at Casumo, sign up here to claim your first free 20 spins – no deposit needed!